Monday 16 June 2014

Blogging for Beginners


Hey there! How are you all? One question I get asked the most is advice on starting and running a successful blog. I am no way a professional blogger but these are some tips and ideas which help me run my blogs. I think this guide will be useful for first time bloggers or even ones who are struggle to keep on top because of other commitments like school and a social life! Click the read more and  I will try to briefly outline how to start the blog and run it successfully below!

Starting a blog:
My first tip is find a topic you're interested in! This is pretty self explanatory but it really helps kick-start your blog. If you write about what you love and have a passion for you'll find it easier to think of post ideas, express your opinion and give advice. If you end up blogging about something you lack interest in you'll end up running out of content and things to write about. Your blog is your choice so pick a theme you enjoy!

Another thing to consider when you're starting up your blog is to consider which platform you'll use. In my personal opinion and experience either Tumblr or Blogger are the easiest platforms to work with. There are so many to choose from such as WordPress, Blogger (Blogspot), SquareSpace and Weebly - just to name a few. It is really about choosing which one is right for you and your posts. I suggest looking around each site to see which one you prefer. You can always move your blogs from one platform to another later on.

Finding a name for your blog is also super important. You want something which can suggest what you're blogging about and something timeless. Having a name which has nothing to do with your post type will confuse your readers, so it isn't the best choice. Choose a name which suits you, your post and maybe something which you can personalise. Figuring out the right name for your blog may take a months and a couple of changes but you should eventually find one which you can stick with!

A key element in blog starting and running is layout. Find a design/theme which is easy to navigate through and appealing! Aim to use a clean, simple and personalised layout. Picking and designing a layout you're happy with can be tricky, so I suggest looking at your favourite bloggers and incorporating what you like about theirs into something similar for yours. HTML coding can be tricky to work with and can be confusing, it took me a good year or so before I totally understood what I was changing and moving around! If you are having trouble, you can find tutorials on Youtube or purchase ready-made designs from places like Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/search/search?q=blogger%20layouts&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery).

Running a blog:
When you have set up your blog and finalised your platform, name and layout you can start using more social media/networks. You want your readers to be able to connect with you how ever they please. I suggest having a look into creating a Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and anything you believe will help connect you and your readers! Each one gives you a different way to share your posts and life with people which can be great for promoting your blog.

This can fit within both starting and running a blog but make friends! When you're starting out following, liking and commenting can help get you those initial followers and help build friendships with other. Even though readers and followers aren't everything, it is nice to have people looking forward to your updates and it helps motivate you to continue blogging!

Organisation of your posts is also key to running a successful blog. While you shouldn't place your blog over things like school, it is important to spend time working on it. For me, I tend to publish a post every few days to keep my blogspot active and interesting for my lovely readers! If I think of an interesting post or good topic to post about I will usually write it down or upload a draft post so I can go back and work on it. You have to try to be consistent with your posting, if you're going to post every 3 days or every week let your followers know, so they can check you blog and expect to have something new and exciting to read! If you're going away for a holiday or within wi-fi, tell your followers so they won't be disappointed when you've not posted. I also suggest having a few spare posts drafted or scheduled for days when you're unable to post.

Hopefully this lengthy post has helped answer your questions and while either inspire you to start and continue blogging!

Do you have your own blog? If so, when did you start your blog? Are you enjoying blogging? Let me know in a comment! xxx

40 comments:

  1. Great advice! I just started a wordpress blog, lunarballoon, two days ago. Its been fun so far :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Great tips! I have my own blog
    that I started a couple of months ago. I'm enjoying it!

    I love what you said about the draft posts. I recently started using an editorial calendar. I got the idea from Pinterest and then typed up my own version.

    Consistent posting is one of the more difficult parts of blogging but having planned posts laid out ahead of time helps.

    Smile a little :]

    - Lizz


    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is just great and i can assume you're an expert on this subject.This is a really well written article.I am hoping to give a contribution & aid different customers like its helped me. Good job.


    You are welcome to my blog post: Blogs Tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I just started a blog too, please check it out, you can advice me if you think I need to change something. Thank you.

    Monika,
    www.djevojkaodmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!
    I've started a blog a few months ago, if you could you can check it out: uncapturedbeauty.blogspot.com

    So far it has been lots of fun and the few friends that know about it love it :)
    I'm just a beginner so far but it is my dream to make this bigger and I hope to reach my dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey emma,

    I would really appreciate if you could connect your blog to bloglovin. It's incredibly easy, and would allow you to get a lot more viewers, while letting everyone know when you upload a post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thank you for the advice, I thought I was connected to bloglovin' but maybe I'm not? Do you have any idea what I can do to connect them? xxx

      Delete
  7. I love blog, and share the beauty or not bad thing with the web or you that make me feel so good!black formal dresses online

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such great advice!! I am just starting a blog and this really helps! I am going to use this!!
    I would love it if you would checkout my blog and give me some feedback!

    www.teentodayad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just want to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is just great and i can assume you're an expert on this subject.hair loss in women This is a really well written article.I am hoping to give a contribution & aid different customers like its helped me. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a good article; I've just started up my own blog and these tips have really helped so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love studying and pursuing your current submit as i obtain them very useful and intriguing. This specific submit can be similarly useful and also intriguing. Many thanks intended for data you also been donning producing your site this kind of intriguing. Fashion Styles

    ReplyDelete
  12. You people have really won the heart of mine, this post is wonderful. Thanks Emporio Armani EA7

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oftentimes, the shots of face and head cannot express the details. So, the Photo retouching services is responsible to remove the stray hairs, cleanup the face wrinkles, marks and other unwanted elements.

    ReplyDelete
  14. افضل متجر للملابس الرجاليه و النسائيه بالسعودية

    ReplyDelete
  15. متجر يضم ارقي ماركات الملابس بالسعودية

    ReplyDelete
  16. متجر يختص بجميع مستلزمات الرحلات السعودية

    ReplyDelete
  17. افضل شركة خدمات منزلية بالسعودية

    ReplyDelete
  18. أفضل انواع العدسات بمتجر واحد اون لاين

    ReplyDelete
  19. افضل متجر يتميز بمستحضرات التجميل بالسعودية

    ReplyDelete
  20. متجر خاص بتصميم تطبيقات الحاسب بالسعودية

    ReplyDelete
  21. افضل متجر اون لاين يختص بمنتجات عسل طبيعي

    ReplyDelete
  22. We provides list of unstitched dress material manufacturers, suppliers in Delhi, Delhi, India. Charu Creation is the top unstitched fabric dealers, traders, distributors, wholesalers, manufacturers in Delhi.

    Unstitched Kurti Fabric in New Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Buy high-quality premium fabric cloths material in Delhi. Charu Creation providing big discounts on Fabric Cloths material. Check out the website and avail exclusive deal

    Charu Creation

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's incredibly easy, and would allow you to get a lot more viewers, while letting everyone know when you upload a post
    Hair Transplant

    ReplyDelete
  25. Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative. I'm impressed by the details that you have on this blog. Thank you for this post.
    Summer Kick Off Styles

    ReplyDelete
  26. برنامج حسابات ومخازن لادارة المخازن ومتابعة المخزون والجرد للمخازن ومتابعة عمليات البيع وحسابات العملاء

    برنامج كاشير


    برنامج حسابات


    برنامج الصيدليات


    برنامج محاسبة شركات


    تحميل برنامج مخازن


    برنامج حسابات محلات الملابس


    برنامج مستلزمات الاسنان


    ReplyDelete
  27. Very Informative. You reading your articles. Also Visit Made to Stray

    ReplyDelete
  28. I feel so happy writing this review about Wizard Charles. You can as well hire him today!

    My Credit Score was on the poor side and I couldn’t get a house, a car or even a truck for my new business. I Couldn’t get approved for any type of loan until I read a comment about a private programmer online on how he helped some people fix their credit score in the space of three days. I gave it a try and reached out to him and to my greatest surprise he came through. He increased My Credit score and he also topped up my Credit Balance to $280,000 USD. He did it perfectly well and removed all The negative items I had on my credit Score, Email: (wizardcharles1@gmail.com) WhatsApp: +971 55 274 0754

    Removing Bad Records from Both Public and Private Databases

    FOR RECOVERY OF STOLEN BITCOIN / CRYPTOCURRENCY , RECOVERY OF LOST FUNDS FROM SCAMMER.


    Visit website : https://wizardcharlesgrouphackers.com/.n/

    ReplyDelete